The Stearing Group at ILPC2010
The Steering Group for ILPC currently consists of:
- Adrienne Eaton (Rutgers University)
- Irena Grugulis (University of Leeds)
- Abigail Marks (Heriot Watt University)
- Fredrik Movitz (University of Stockholm)
- Chris Smith (University of London (Royal Holloway))
- Paul Thompson (University of Stirling)
- Steven Vincent (University of Newcastle)
- Chris Warhurst (University of Warwick)
Membership is based on representation from institutions that have organised a conference, largely in the last 10 years. This reflects the main purpose of the group, which is to act as the collective memory of the conference, thus helping to share expertise, spread good practice and generally keep the show on the road. The latter includes making decisions on the future location and hosting of the event. No independent financial resources are held by the group. All conferences have to be self-financing. Part of the surplus from recent conferences has been invested in the ILPC website, whose technical coordinator is Graham Lynch, based at Strathclyde. All calls for papers or bids to run the conference are posted on the website.
In addition to and working with the Steering Group, there is a sub-group with responsibility for the book series.
The book series:
Irena Grugulis (University of Leeds)
Chris Smith (University of London (Royal Holloway)
Chris Warhurst (University of Warwick)