Enhanced Case Analysis documents have been introduced on Westlaw UK
These provide more information which is significant to a case and aim to make it easier to see a cases implications.
Additional sections have been introduced providing links to related material, new status icons to ‘make it easier to determine the precedent value of a case’, and alternative ways of displaying Case Analysis documents on screen.
New or enhanced information includes, Where available,:
- Related Cases – a list of other cases heard between the same parties.
- All Cases Cited - a list of a all cases cited by the case.
- Key Cases Citing - a list of significant subsequent cases citing the case, selected by the editorial team.
- All Cases Citing - all subsequent cases which have cited the case.
- Commentary - provides links to sections of books on Westlaw which cite the case/
- Summary - now includes a brief summary of the facts.
New status icons
New icons aim to make it easier to see the status of a case:
- 'C' - a decision has received positive / neutral consideration.
- '!' - a decision has received mixed or mildly negative consideration.
- '-' - at least one point of law has been overruled or reversed.
New display options
- Tabular View - click on the ‘Tabular View' link in left hand navigation bar of the Case Analysis document. Analytical information is displayed in ‘easy-to-read tables’.
- Graphical History - click on the ‘Graphical History' link in the left hand navigation bar to view complex litigation histories as flow charts.
Access to Westlaw
Filed under: Case Law, Westlaw