Add Security Role
How to add a security role
- Go to Admin > Security Roles
- Click the Add New Role button.
- Select the Basic Settings tab.
- In the Role Name text box, enter a name for the Security Role.
- In the Description text box, enter a brief description of this role.
- Click Update
Additional options include.
Role Group, select a group for this role if desired. Note: One or more role groups must already exist. Roles can be associated with a role group at a later time.
Public Role?, select one of the following options:
- Mark the check box if all users are able to view details of this role and subscribe to this role. Users can subscribe to or unsubscribe from these roles when they manage their profile.
- Unmark the check box if the role is Private. Only Administrators can add a user to a private role unless it has an RSVP Code or RSVP Link (see below) that has been supplied to the user.
At Auto Assignment, select one of the following options:
- Mark the check box if users are automatically assigned to this role. This will expose the "Assign to existing users" field. At Assign to Existing Users mark the check box to assign all current and future users to this role - OR - unmark the check box to only assign any new users that are created to this role.
- Unmark the check box if users must be manually added to the role. If the role is public, then users can add themselves. If the role is not public, then only Administrators and SuperUsers can add user to the role.
At Security Mode, select one of the following options:
- SecurityRole: Select to add a security role.
- SocialGroup: Select to add a social group. Social groups are displayed on the Social Groups module allowing site members to join, follow and participate in groups.
- Both: Select to add a role that is both a social group and a security role.
At Status, select one of the following options:
- Disabled: The Role Group is not available regardless of the "Public Role" setting.
- Approved: The Role Group is available dependent upon the "Public Role" setting.
- Pending: The Role Group is available to non-Administrators/SuperUsers regardless of the "Public Role" setting. However, the Group is not permitted until it is moved to "Approved" status.